Sunday 28 February 2016

Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Chai Review



Bite Beauty is one of my favourite lipstick companies of all time. They are bold, innovative and Canadian. They've just released a new collection of lipsticks called Amuse Bouche which have replaced their old Luminous formula.


Today I will be reviewing the colour that I gravitated towards most, Chai. They describe it as being a, "Mid-tone brown with a hint of mauve."

Swatched on my skin pulls more of a darker toned pinky-brown with warmer (reddish) under tones and I can see the touch of mauve. 

In the picture on the left, the first swatch is one swipe and second swatch is three swipes. This was when I first got the tube. It now swatches almost opaque every time.


The formula is creamy and looks like a demi-matte finish. This is a really pigmented formula, so you can expect full impact colour. This lipstick uniforms my pigmented lips.


I didn't include a swatch on my lips because it's pretty much a my lips but better colour, the perfect everyday shade. For reference, I have a darker medium-tan complexion.


It's a moisturizing formula that feels a little thick on my lips. Bite Beauty's lipsticks are food grade, which is excellent because you end up eating your lipsticks. You don't want to be consuming a lot of toxins.



It wore well on me throughout the day. The pigment faded evenly on me, as usual with the Bite Beauty formulas. I rarely have to touch up during the day, only after eating. I received a lot of compliments on the Chai colour.




I want to take a moment to talk about how beautiful the packaging is. The visual of the juicy lips they've chosen is gorgeous! Maybe they're trying to show case the pomegranate oil, one of the main star ingredients. The sleek signature dark matte grey tube is so timeless.  All the lipsticks in the Amuse Bouche line have a citrus aroma that is refreshing and pleasing, a sensory experience. They are really uping their game as time goes on. I look forward to see what they come out with in the future.


Have you tried the new Amuse Bouche line? What are your thoughts on Bite Beauty?

No comments:

Post a Comment