Wednesday 8 March 2017

Edgar Cayce's Apple Detox: My Experience

"Edgar Cayce (pronounced Kay-Cee, 1877-1945) has been called the "sleeping prophet," the "father of holistic medicine," and the most documented psychic of the 20th century. For more than 40 years of his adult life, Cayce gave psychic "readings" to thousands of seekers while in an unconscious state, diagnosing illnesses and revealing lives lived in the past and prophecies yet to come."


Cayce's Apple Detox Diet. I couldn't find any in-depth personal experiences of this. Challenge accepted. Join me as I take you through my apple cleanse journey.




Minimum of 6 apples per day. Drink lots of water to flush of the toxins. Olive Oil to finish it. Sounds simple, right?




My experience was one to remember. Three days of eating nothing but apples and drinking lots of water. I learned a lot about myself. It was a struggle. 


First of all, I do not like raw apples. Actually, Cayce says that raw apples are poison to your body unless you eat them alone. Combining them with other foods will greatly upset your body. I don't fare well with acidic foods: they make me sick. These apples made me feel very ill indeed.


Day 1 wasn't too bad because I was at work. I'm used to not eating much on busy days. Luckily I was on vacation after that. It wasn't bad other than having to eat nothing but apples. The cravings started. I wanted pizza: something fatty, salty, and comforting.


Day 2 was the most difficult. The cravings kicked in hard. I wanted SALT. I kept daydreaming about french fries. I was a little delirious. I peed like crazy too. My energy dropped a lot. I was maddened by my cravings so much that at times I thought I was going to crack.


Day 3 was much easier. I think I was kind of used to it. I went out and did some errands. That distracted me for a good chunk of the day. I also did a lot of spiritual things. It was the easiest day by far. My near pitfall was an image of french fries came out of nowhere to tempt me! My mind has issues!




Finally, on the third night, it was time to drink the olive oil. Completion at last, yes! But first...ew. The first 2 teaspoons were fine, the 3rd almost made me gag. BUT I DID IT! Had I not done it with a few comrades, I'm not sure I would have made it through. We all completed the apple detox together! Success!

Now what you have been waiting for: the results. I peed...a lot. More than ever. My body felt lighter. My appetite decreased. I felt more spiritual and strangely energized. I also lost a few pounds.


I ate exactly 8 apples per day. I couldn't do more than that. But because I was crazed at times, I allowed myself black coffee and tea. It kept me sane. I made sure my coffee and tea were low acidity and drank lots of water afterwards. What also helped me out was distraction. My favourite was watching movies. It makes time fly!


I recommend doing this diet if you are not working or doing much for a few days. It requires rest. Expect your energy to drop. Cayce suggests doing this a few times a year as a "spring cleaning" for the body. Excellent in aiding the removal of accumulated toxins from your vessel.


What was the first thing that I ate after the detox? You can bet your bottom dollar that it included some great homemade fries ;) However, one must note that it is not wise to retox after doing such an extensive detox. I am just weak.



"You have to have a sound relationship with your mind and your body. You have to develop your health." - Marshall Vian Summers

No comments:

Post a Comment